Sunday, July 3, 2016

My first Swiss Garden Staycation in Kuantan



Being a frequent traveller, I often look for hotels with good value-for-money, especially if it’s for a holiday. Then one day, my friend introduced me to a holiday membership club known as Swiss-Garden International Vacation Club or better known as SGIVC. Having stayed at one of their Swiss-Garden hotels before in Sungai Petani during one of my business trips two years ago and was quite happy with the stay, I gave it a chance and registered as a member. I was glad that I was given the flexibility to pay the membership fee either in monthly instalments or a lump sum annual fee. Despite the flexibility of payment, the cost of the membership is not cheap but I knew it would give me value for my money.
So, in the first two months after applying for the SGIVC membership card, I took the opportunity to use it for a weekend getaway with my family at Swiss-Garden Beach Resort in Kuantan. It has been some time since the last trip with the family; with the heavy workload recently, I myself needed some time away from the city simply doing nothing. Upon arrival at the resort, I loved how fast and prompt their service is when I did my check-in for the Family Room. The staff is friendly and has no problems answering my questions regarding the SGIVC and the beach resort itself. Speaking about the beach resort, I was truly satisfied with the Family Room. Thanks to two inter-connecting rooms, the overall area is spacious enough for us family to stay together comfortably. Not to mention the room is clean and well-designed. Best of all, my wife and I are delighted with the room’s private balcony where we are able to enjoy the panoramic view of the vast South China Sea. Nothing beats waking up to the sound and sight of the sea in the morning…
Come meal times, again the SGIVC membership card becomes useful to enjoy 20% discount on food and drinks at The Blossom Chinese Restaurant. The service is okay and we all love the food here, especially the dim sum and seafood dishes such as butter prawns, fried squid and fried fish. I love the fact that we didn’t need to leave the resort in search of good food outside – after all, this is my do-nothing holiday! Oh yeah, I was also given a RM53 voucher for a buffet breakfast the next day. Don’t you just love it when you get an awesome free voucher like this?
In the afternoon, my wife and I decided to give Samsara Spa a try. After all, it’s been a while since both of us experienced a good massage. With plenty of choices to choose from, we went for the Samsara Signature. Their combination of Thai, Balinese and Malay massage work wonders to help us unwind and de-stress our bodies. Our masseuses are extremely skilful and experienced. I fell asleep and the massage was over when I woke up, I wished it could have been longer!
Throughout our weekend getaway at Swiss-Garden Beach Resort in Kuantan, I must say it give us a load of benefits using the SGIVC membership card. I definitely will recommend SGIVC to some of my friends and colleagues. Given the spread of Swiss Garden’s hotels and resorts, there’ll be one almost wherever you go, and you could choose to stay at all of them too. I’m already planning my next stay for our 3rd wedding anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment